Solar Water Heater
One of the biggest uses of Electricity, Gas and Oil is the heating of water in the home, office, school and hospitals etc. Due to the fast increase in the usage of electricity there has been a gap between supply and demand of electric energy in India, especially during peak summer and winter seasons. The situation worsens during early hours of peak winter season when enormous heating load is used.
If the conventional way of heating load is replaced by non conventional source of heating then the gap between the demand and supply of electric energy can be bridged. Also the dependency on the conventional source of electricity like state electricity, gas, fossils fuels etc. can be completely ruled out.
In winter when there is a heavy load shedding in India, the requirement of hot water becomes difficult; due to increasing rates and government policies, using gas to heat water makes it non affordable;
For all the above problems there is only one solution, “Solar Water Heater."
• Solar water heating system is a device that helps in heating water by using the energy from the SUN. This energy is totally free.
• Solar energy (sun rays) is used for heating water. Water is easily heated to a temperature is 60-80C.
• Solar water heater can be used in restaurants, canteens, guest houses, hotels, hospitals etc.
• A 100 liters capacity SWH can replace an electric geyser for residential use and may same approximately 1500 units of electricity annually.
• The use of 1000 SWHs of 100 liters capacity each can contribute to a peak saving of approximately 1 MW.
• A SWH of 100 liters capacity can prevents emission of 1.5 tons of carbon- dioxide per year.